We were inspected by OFSTED on June 20th and 21st 2023 and were judged as being 'Good' in every area and 'Good' overall. We were delighted that OFSTED recognised the high quality teaching, learning and support that occurs at Victoria every single day.
In particular the report noted:
- “‘Aspiration’ is a key word at Victoria Primary Academy. It is central to everything leaders do, from the design of the school’s ambitious curriculum to the awe-inspiring trips on offer.”
- “Staff enjoy working at Victoria Primary Academy. They appreciate the consideration given to their workload and the opportunities to develop their career.”
- “Staff have high expectations of pupils’ attitudes and conduct. Pupils are polite and hard working. They move between activities calmly and sensibly. Adults deal with behaviour that falls below these high standards effectively and consistently.”
- “Significant improvements have been made at Victoria Primary Academy in recent years. Pupils now benefit from a good quality of education.”
- “Victoria is a vibrant, happy place. Pupils feel safe and secure. They know that the staff care for them.”
- “Reading is a priority at Victoria. Leaders have a sharp focus on raising attainment in phonics. They have ensured that staff have the expertise to teach pupils how to read.”
- “Children in Reception benefit from a warm, nurturing early years environment.”
- “The curriculum for pupils’ personal development is a considerable strength. Pupils … hold open, inclusive, and welcoming attitudes to difference and diversity. Pupils have many opportunities to experience new things and broaden their horizons.”
The full report is available on the link below. Please ask at the office if you would like a printed copy.
Mr I Pearson
To view the section 5 June 2023 report on the Ofsted website please click here