Our Academy Uniform Policy
At Victoria Primary Academy, we are proud of our purple school uniform and we believe it plays an essential part in establishing a strong sense of shared identity, community and belonging. A smart appearance contributes positively to the pupils’ behaviour, self-esteem, attitude learning and long term success.
We very much appreciate the support of parents and carers in ensuring pupils attend school every day, dressed smartly and sensibly in the correct uniform, ready to learn
It is Victoria Primary Academy policy and expectation that all children wear school uniform when attending school or when participating in a school organised event outside normal school hours.
Our school uniform policy is based on the idea that school uniform:
- is practical and smart
- identifies the children with the school, creating a sense of equality and belonging
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents
- is designed with health and safety in mind
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. The exceptions to this rule are one pair of stud earrings in pierced ears, however, we do ask that these are removed on PE days.
HAIR and HEAD COVERINGS
- hair must be fastened back away from the face
- hair accessories must be small, in plain or academy uniform colours
- in PE lessons hair must be tied back
- extreme hairstyles and colours are not acceptable
- head coverings must be tight fitting, in plain/subdued colours and fastened WITHOUT the use of pins
- a hat may be worn outside to protect against the weather
Victoria Primary Academy Uniform:
- PURPLE V neck sweatshirt or cardigan with academy logo – COMPULSORY*
- DARK GREY tailored trousers or DARK GREY tailored shorts, DARK GREY knee-length, school style skirt, culottes or pinafore dress - NOT black - leggings may ONLY be worn under a skirt
- White polo shirt (academy logo optional*)
- Flat, plain black sensible, school shoes – NO trainers
- Grey or white socks, grey tights
- PURPLE gingham (checked) dress, optional in summer
- Optional academy coat available – NO hoodies
- Academy book bag with VPA logo or plain messenger style bag – NO rucksacks / back packs
- PURPLE fleece with academy logo – OPTIONAL* This is an additional item only, it cannot be worn inside the academy building, nor can it be worn instead of an academy sweatshirt or cardigan or a winter coat.
Victoria Primary Academy P.E. Kit:
- Plain BLACK shorts, skort or jogging bottoms
- Plain DARK PURPLE, round neck T-shirt – COMPULSORY*
- BLACK plimsolls, non-marking soles
- Plain, dark-coloured trainers, with non-marking soles, are permitted, once plimsolls are no longer available in a large enough shoe size
- A PURPLE academy PE bag*/drawstring bag, to be kept in school – NO rucksacks / back packs
- No jewellery on PE days
In addition to appropriate clothing, all pupils are expected to maintain a neat and tidy appearance.
Many shops and retail outlets advertise their products as ‘school wear’ but, PLEASE CHECK with our uniform policy or ask a member of the SMT, office staff or inclusion team.
* Our uniform provider is “The Uniform Shop” in Wellingborough. You can order uniform items, with our logo, online at: www.uniformshopwellingborough.co.uk , or visit the shop at 8, Olympic Way, Wellingborough, NN8 3QE: Telephone: 01933 426433.
Please call ahead to check opening times and to make an appointment.
We appreciate your continued commitment to Victoria Primary Academy and, whilst it is not possible to refer to all dress/appearance combinations, we expect our pupils to dress smartly with no extremes of clothing or fashion styles that could be deemed inappropriate for school.
If there are serious reasons, why parents or carers want their child to wear clothes that differ from our uniform at Victoria Primary Academy, we will look sympathetically at such requests on a case by case basis. This however, does not mean that changes in the policy will be automatically allowed. Please contact the academy principal Mrs Hayley Scargill.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all pupils and parents/carers for their support in helping to apply the Academy uniform policy and ensuring that our academy community is one we can all be proud of.
Please make sure that all clothing is named. We will return any named lost property to the child.
Please do not let children bring money, valuable items or toys to school. The school will not accept any responsibility for items such as these.
Children grow out of their clothes so quickly and the items are often still in very good condition. If your child has grown out of their sweatshirt, cardigan, polo shirts, trousers etc., please consider donating them to the school. We will then be able to offer these items to other families.